If you aren’t already leveraging cognitive technologies and artificial intelligence (AI) in your business network, you may be missing out on critical supply chain improvements.
Cognitive and AI systems use natural language processing and machine learning to understand, reason, learn about and analyze all types of data. Also, they can interact with users in a more natural, conversational manner.
For B2B networks and supply chains, these capabilities can be leveraged for a wide variety of improvements including:
- Providing greater visibility and insight—from high level to granular detail
- Enabling split-second decision making based on the best data available
- Increasing awareness of critical issues
- Suggesting the best courses of action
- Fostering collaboration among departments and partners
With these capabilities like these, you can plan for (or avoid) disruptions, proactively handle potential issues with suppliers, and ensure you can meet or exceed customer expectations (among many other benefits). Let’s take a closer look at some of the AI and cognitive capabilities available for B2B operations and supply chains today.Continue reading