The annual event IBM describes as an opportunity to “learn new ways to understand your customers, turn insight into action, and transform the ordinary into the extraordinary” is swooping into Tampa from May 16-18. Lightwell is thrilled to be part of creating that opportunity. Will you be there?
If you aren’t registered yet, check out our previous blog post for the top 12 reasons to attend IBM Amplify. And if you need a couple more reasons, how about an opening keynote address by Academy Award nominee, author, and entrepreneur (don’t you just love Fabletics?), Kate Hudson, and a live performance by Grammy-nominated musical artist, Elle King!
As a Gold Sponsor of the conference this year, Lightwell is hosting a Solution Center booth (#610) and participating in two sessions. Here are the details.
- Successful Omnichannel Retailing: Essential Business Capabilities and Proven Strategies featuring John Stelzer, IBM; Brian Kayla, Lightwell; and Alora Chistiakoff, Lightwell, Tuesday, May 17 (3:30-4:30pm, Room 13) In this session, you’ll learn what it takes to make your omnichannel efforts a success including: Potential starting points and expansion opportunities; Which core capabilities are essential; Defining a logical progression path in manageable and impactful phases; Important people and process considerations; Integration and implementation best practices.
- DHL eCommerce Highlights the Value of Order Management in B2B Commerce featuring Henry Myint, IBM; Melissa O’Keefe, DHL eCommerce; and Alora Chistiakoff, Lightwell, Wednesday, May 18 (8:30-9:30am, Room 14) This session will highlight the various capabilities of IBM Sterling Order Management, and the value it provides within the context of a non-retail business. This session will also include a case study presented by DHL, covering the business challenges that they faced, and how Sterling OMS was implemented to address those challenges, results, and plans for future growth.
We hope you will join us for these sessions. It's a great opportunity to hear valuable insights and best practices learned from decades of experience with eCommerce and order management technologies.
When you visit our booth (#610) in the eCommerce and Merchandising section of the Solution Center, you’ll be able to meet our CEO Adam Heeter, Vice President of B2B and Commerce Solutions Chris Halvorson, and other key members of our omnichannel team including Brian Kayla, Alora Chistiakoff and Ed Krusemark.
Other ECommerce and Order Management Agenda Highlights
We’re excited to see the learning-rich agenda for this year’s Amplify conference. Our whole team is looking forward to connecting with customers and other industry leaders to talk about best practices for making the most of IBM WebSphere Commerce, IBM Sterling Order Management, and our other B2B and B2C commerce and supply chain management solutions.
How about you? Have you checked out IBM’s session preview tool to plan out your participation? Here are some sessions on our must-see list:
- EFL-1450: Omni-Channel Fulfillment: Buy Online, Pick-up in Store, Tue May 17 ( 10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. ) In this session, Kohl's provides an overview of the Buy Online, Pick-up in Store (BOPUS) implementation on IBM Sterling OMS.This session provides an overview of new capabilities and enhanced features released since Amplify 2015, as well as an update on the IBM Order Management and IBM Configure, Price, Quote roadmap.
- MTB-1892: Retail Industry Roundtable - What Consumers Really Think of Retailers, Tue May 17 ( 12:45 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. ) In this luncheon forum, featuring John Stelzer, one of our session co-presenters, will explore topics and trends impacting the ability to provide a more personalized shopping experience.
- EFL-1460: From Clicks Back to Bricks: How to Leverage Ship from Store as a Strategic Weapon, Wed May 18 ( 9:45 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. ) In this session, Pitney Bowes and IBM will discuss how Omni channel fulfillment can be meet elevated consumer expectations, address competitive pressures, and ensure cost and operational success.
- EFL-1624: Top Trends in Technology in the Enterprise Order Management Space, Wed May 18 ( 1:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. ) This session will cover technology enhancements - present and future including - NOSQL, DevOps, Docker and BigData analytics.
- DDX-1284: Think Outside the Cart: Persuasive Digital Commerce Experiences, Wed May 18 ( 1:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. ) This session covers this topic, demonstrating how to combine IBM Digital Experience and IBM Commerce for a best-of-breed customer experience. Discover how businesses can easily integrate and combine commerce, social and application data for a seamless and exceptional experience, which is mobile ready and manageable by the business without recourse to IT.
- EFL-1246: Optimizing Labor for Profitable Store Fulfillment with IBM and JDA, Wed May 18 ( 3:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. ) This session explains how IBM and JDA Software Group, Inc. partnered to ensure retailers can better forecast buy-online, pickup-in-store and ship-from-store, labor demands using Workforce Management and enable Order Management to consider labor capacity and costs when selecting fulfillment locations.
What are you looking forward to at IBM Amplify this year? We hope to see you in Tampa!