IBM Amplify 2017 kicks off next week, and we're excited to be participating again as sponsors and presenters.
For one of our sessions, we've teamed up with John Stelzer, IBM Senior Omni-channel Strategist, to share insights gained from comprehensive research on the topic of omnichannel retail. This includes several studies:
- IBM Consumer Expectations Study, which covers what consumers expect
- IBM 2016 Customer Experience Index, which describes how retailers are actually doing
- IBM/Aberdeen Group 2016 InBalance Retailer Survey, which describes how retailers think they're doing
This session offers a rare opportunity to hear correlations and comparisons between these studies, see what's most important to consumers today, understand what has changed in recent times, and (if you're part of a retail organization) assess how your capabilities compare to other retailers.
If you're attending IBM Amplify, read on to learn more about this session and add it to your agenda. We hope to connect with you at Amplify and see you at the session!
Consumers' omni-channel expectations of retailers have long been documented and are increasing rather than waning. But now consumers are raising the bar even further in ways that many retailers are far from prepared to address.
Many of these consumer expectations are now important enough to consumers that they are willing to switch from one retailer to another if certain key capabilities aren't offered. Learn which retail capabilities consumers value enough to buy from your competitor if you do not have them.
- John Stelzer, IBM
- John is Sr. Omni-channel Strategist at IBM, where he works with Retail leaders, associations, standards bodies, & councils to place him at the forefront of nearly every major industry initiative over the last three decades. He pioneered many of the EDI standards used in Retail and has worked at the epicenter of such industry efforts as DSD, VMI, evaluated receipt settlement, scan-based trading, global data synchronization, the Global Commerce Initiative, RFID, next-generation eCommerce, and omni-channel retailing. Today, he counsels leading Retail executives on where and how they can apply omni-channel strategies to elevate their customers' brand experience and their own operational efficiencies.
- Tim Nelson, Lightwell
- Tim is the Director, Omnichannel Sales and Innovation at Lightwell. He has an extensive background in Omni-channel, including his roles as National Sales Director at JDA, Commerce Team Lead at IBM, and being part of the Commerce practice at Oracle. His knowledge gained by working with numerous companies spanning multiple industries in these roles enables him to bring tremendous value to Lightwell's clients and partners.
If you're heading to Amplify, please drop by and visit us in the Cognitive Concourse, booth #640. Safe travels, and we hope to see you there!